Thursday, June 23, 2016

Comment Problems

So I've recently learned that there's a problem with trying to post comments to my blog because I'm using the "embedded" style of comments. If your browser is set to block third-party cookies, then you cannot post a comment in this form - when you attempt to do so, the comment you've put all that effort into typing simply disappears. I couldn't even comment on my own blog, since I started blocking third-party cookies (or rather, to do so, I had to temporarily enable third-party cookies).

The other alternatives are full page comments - where there is a link to add comments on a separate page - or a popup comments window. The latter seems likely to be even more of a problem since I, like many people, prefer to block popup windows. Which means the only feasible alternative would be full page comments.

Would anyone like to give me feedback on whether they'd prefer I keep the style of embedded comments, or change the style to full page comments? Note that, for the moment, in order to leave feedback you need to allow third-party cookies when you load the page. (You can disallow them again immediately afterward.)

4 comments:

  1. My problem is that I can already leave comments, so I don't see the need for change-_-;;;

    But if you want to go to the effort of setting up a different setting I don't see where it would cause me any trouble.

    Mostly, I'm just hoping for lots of stuff to comment on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that. My concern is two-fold. First, if the current approach is making it difficult for people to leave comments, and they don't mind the change, I would want to change. Second, I'm currently having trouble leaving comments myself with the current approach.

      One possibility is to make the change temporarily, just to test it out, and see if it works better or proves disadvantageous over the current method.

      Delete
    2. Well, you also have to realize that a very large number of fans either have given up checking this page, or only do it once a month or so. I'm a bit O/C myself, and I think I check more than is common.

      I did have this idea pop into my head where you hold a vote listing ten scenes with great hentai potential and ask people to vote on the one they would most want to see.

      One that has always been a big one for me is that scene where Ryouga learns the truth about Ranma being the one who kicked him in the pool, and lunges at her. She only just barely gets to the cold water in time and P-chan ends up perched on her ass. Now what would have happened if she's missed that shower head? ^_^

      Delete
    3. Oh, I understand that most people aren't checking very often at the moment. I'm merely worrying about them having difficulties leaving comments when they do check in.

      I'm currently compiling a list of scenes throughout the manga which lend themselves to erotic treatments. I might consider the idea of some kind of poll after I complete the list, offering a small selection of the possibilities.

      Delete