Sunday, July 3, 2011

Shampoo Lemon Partner

(Related to a conversation I had with T H Tiger.)

I don't plan to bring the Joketsuzoku into my story Moxibustion Violation. However, I will hopefully finish that story someday, and I have a number of ideas for other stories I'd like to write. Some of them involve Shampoo getting her just desserts.

This brings up my ideas on who would be an appropriate person to give her what she deserves — i.e., overpower her by means physical or magical and then screw her brains out. There are several characters I would consider for the purpose.

On the martial artist side (subduing her physically) are Mousse and Ryoga. It was suggested that a lot of people would say "anybody except Mousse" for such a purpose, but personally I'd be perfectly happy using him for such. Of course, it is a prerequisite that he first grow a set of balls where Shampoo is concerned, but I don't see that as a major stumbling block. Another possibility, especially if the story is set in China, would be Pantyhose Taro. Kuno, on the other hand, I can't really see performing this task.

As for non martial artists (subduing her magically or by some other non-physical means) the leaders of the pack would be Hiroshi and Daisuke. Or possibly just anonymous boys from the school.

I can see Happosai in the role of facilitator, helping to set Shampoo up because she (or Cologne) did something to piss him off. I don't think I'd want him to participate however.

The one male that I really wouldn't be particularly interested to have teach Shampoo her lesson would be the title character, Ranma himself. He could do it, of course, and I can easily imagine scenarios where he would. I just wouldn't be very interested in writing them. Ditto the lack of interest in writing something where Akane, Ukyo and/or Kodachi turn the tables on Shampoo and make her pay in some sexual manner. It's not that I have a problem with such stories, and in fact could certainly enjoy reading them, but I don't feel any inclination toward them as an author.

Just a little insight into where my biases lie.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I don't think Shampoo deserves a just deserts anymore than just about anyone else on the show. Sure, she's probably been more devious than most, but her principles aren't much different from anyone else's.

    I loved that quote in the first season: "Shampoo selfish. Not stupid." It completely summed up her character for me and made me develop a great deal of respect for her. That same aspect can be applied to a great deal of the characters on the show, but she doesn't bother trying to hide it like everyone else.

    All that being said, I've always been a fan of Ryouga. And I'm an especially big fan of interactions between him and Shampoo--rarities that they are. In my opinion, they'd have really good chemistry as uneasy allies and/or plucky enemies.

    One gets the feeling that, after she tried to cook him, Ryouga is no longer....[i]easily[/i] captivated by Shampoo's charms. And she's certainly always looked down on him. So it'd be pretty easy for them to come to blows. I have a particular image in my head of Shampoo insulting Ryouga's manliness, constantly pushing his buttons and making bias comparisons about him and Ranma. Eventually, his cup runneth over and he decides to show her just how manly he is.

    I'm actually writing something similar right now. But it's one scene apart of an overall story rather than an entire fic to the individual sequence. It's not really a 'Shampoo's comeuppance' story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Shampoo doesn't deserve to be taught a lesson more than anyone else in the cast. However, not everyone in the cast would be equally fun to read about as the star of such a story. Shampoo is one of the ones who would be, and my post was a "what if" Shampoo were the one chosen to be picked on.

    Yes, I can certainly see Shampoo annoying Ryoga until she finally goes too far, and he decides to make that abundantly clear to her.

    ReplyDelete