Friday, July 1, 2011

Hairstyles

I'm sitting outside under the trees with my laptop, feeling lazy. Part of me would like to be writing on my story, but most of me can't get up the energy to get started.

Then I asked myself, what would the females of the Ranma cast do with regard to trimming their pubic hair? The following are my thoughts.

I think Ranma would leave it natural in her cursed form, partly because she's really a guy and it wouldn't immediately occur to her to shave it, and partly because once it did occur, she'd be worried that the trim would carry over to her male body and the guys at school would rib him about it. This depends on her having a sufficiently sparse red-haired delta that trimming for a swimsuit is not necessary.

I think Akane would trim hers into a tidy little triangle, neat and sufficient for her swimsuit, but with no suggestion that she has considered any guy ever getting a look at her down there.

I think Nabiki would trim hers into a thin stripe.

I think Kasumi has repressed passions, and wears lacy underthings made of silk. She shaves her pubic mound completely bald.

Shampoo is also completely bald down there, but for her it's mostly a matter of convenience, since a man should cater to her desires rather than the other way around. Also, she doesn't shave it - she used some secret Joketsuzoku technique to remove all of her pubic hair in a manner where it will never grow back.

Ukyo probably falls somewhere between Akane and Nabiki, trimming moderately but not too far. She imagines Ranma gazing appreciatively at her one day, but she doesn't want to make it look like she was excessively eager for his attention to that part of her.

Kodachi has naturally trimmed her dark black bush into the shape of a black rose.

Nodoka Saotome leaves hers entirely untrimmed. It doesn't matter to her, since she doesn't wear revealing clothing, and since it wouldn't occur to her to worry about what her husband Genma might want in that regard.

Hinako Ninomiya is completely hairless in her normal, younger form. When she transforms, the magic leaves her just as hairless, so she doesn't have to worry about it.

Asuza Shiratori (of the Golden Pair) carefully plucks and trims hers to keep it as sparse as that of a thirteen year old. What remains she dyes bright pink, and she refers to her little delta by the name Madeline.

I didn't even want to contemplate Cologne. Unfortunately my mind went there, recalling her appearance at Shampoo's age, and guessed that she did the same as Shampoo in her youth. After that, the technique used should have kept the situation permanent.

4 comments:

  1. No, I actually think that Ranma, since he's an athlete, and pretty hardcore, too, would know more about the benefits of outright shaving it off, mainly because a lot of people I know who do the whole Martial Arts scene tend to shave off entirely, or at least cut it to an almost buzz cut, because it causes irritation when you get sweaty.

    This would also be for Akane, too, and because in both Anime and Manga, from what I've seen, she sweats a lot, and I can tell you that from personal experience that it tends to get irritating when I end up sweating, so I purposefully keep it "bare with nair".

    Nabiki, I have to agree on you there.

    Kasumi isn't really repressed passions, I would say more that she's frustrated, but definitely bald. I think she'd do the whole waxing thing, actually.

    Shampoo? Was there any doubt? You pretty much see that she's bald in the Anime and the Manga all through the series, even if it doesn't go into detail.

    Ukyo, well, I have to disagree. I think she's more the type to only trim it a little around the thighs, since I can see her wearing boy bottom swimmers when she isn't showing off for Ranma.

    Kodachi is just weird. I wouldn't put it past her to have coated her pubes in aphrodisiacs and paralytics.

    As for Nodoka, that one I have some differing thoughts on. Yeah, I think she doesn't shave, but, at the same time, I can't help but think she does at least some maintenance on herself.

    Hinako Ninomiya. She's actually about ten or eleven as a child, so I say that she is sparsely furred, but it isn't actually magic that holds back the transformation, which you can deduce from the way she drains Ki to grow up, and it is also specifically stated that the quicker she loses the Ki she had drained, the faster she de-ages. This means that she is full bush when she is grown up, since she is constantly shifting ages.

    Azusa. Oi vey. I disagree on the dying. And she, of course, doesn't name it Madeline. What she has, she names it Katrina.

    Cologne ... *shudders*. You're lucky you brought up the whole young Cologne thing, because that is just nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azusa has to do something cute with her pubes. It you don't like the idea of dyeing, then perhaps she trims it into a heart shape, or a butterfly.

    At least Cologne was pretty hot when she was young. I've come across at least one nude of her at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the butterfly is more probable, and I was thinking hair glitter instead of dyes for Azusa.

    As for Cologne, yeah, there's a few out there, and Shampoo takes after Cologne, so of course Cologne was hot in her youth. Still, with the conflicting ages in Manga and Anime, she's either a hundred, or three hundred, but I'm more inclined to believe the whole three hundred thing, because of Happosai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think any statement of their ages is reliable, from either manga or anime. After all, some of the flashbacks to their youth in the manga show pterosaurs circling in the background. :)

    Personally, I like to imagine that they're 116. Precisely one century older than the main cast members.

    ReplyDelete