Sunday, October 23, 2011

Not doing well

Sorry not to have updated in so long. The truth is, my health took a turn for the worse back in September. A minor event that put me in the hospital for a couple of days, and pretty much wiped me out. I was forced to take some time off from work, and haven't had the energy for doing much other than reading and watching TV. (Great football game today.)

Let me tell you, getting older sucks. It sure would be nice to go back to being 20 again. Or 30. Or 40 ...

At this time, it is still my intention to continue writing. I really don't want to leave MV where it currently is. I actually do have an ending in mind, and would like to get there. However, if I can get back to writing, I may need to fast forward over some parts in order to try to make sure that I get to that end. Well, time will tell.

One of my reviewers suggested that the problem was with the point I had reached in the story, and that maybe I should try starting a new story. It was a reasonable thing to think, and in fact, I've had a few thoughts that way myself. Unfortunately, a couple of half-hearted attempts to start something new haven't proved very successful either. It might still be good advice, but it seems like everything is going to remain stuck where it is until I can find the energy to start writing at all.

7 comments:

  1. Take your time, I'm sure you will find something to sort out next chapter.
    I think you should finish your story.
    Try to solve Akane and Ranma problems one by one per chapters, get Akane going with Hiroshi and Daisuke, start to "punish" the gang and Ryoga, I mean if you think of a positive ending. I'm sure you will find something.
    For inspiration, there are hentai stuff to help you xD
    Take care, get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I already have a general outline of the ending I want. The problem is getting there. Particularly as there are a number of other depravities I had planned on having happen first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile. I went back and read the more recent reviews for your story. 'M' was a bit harsh in his review. I also don't think he understands what the reasoning is behind your story being on Adultfanfiction.net instead of on Fanfiction.net. There's nothing wrong with 'masturbation' literature, though it is the only type of literature not allowed on Fanfiction.net (in theory anyway). I personally find that the better erotic literature out there on the net are multi-chaptered stories.

    My advice on writing would be, well, to get motivated. But, that's sorta obvious and more life advice than writing. On writing I would say set a time schedule for yourself, similar to what we do for work. Set the time when your going to write on a certain day of the week which will occur every week. Create a work station similar to where you work, though in the abstract more than the literal. Somewhere moderately quite where it would be hard to be interrupted by something not work (writing) related. Once the scheduled time has arrived you have to write. What you write doesn't have to be on this story, though it should be the main focus. Anything that comes easily to your hands to write down should be. In regards to this story you can write down: ideas you want to cover in a chapter, outline sentences, abstract story text, and Detail story text. At a certain point you can go back and edit what you have written down, taking out writing not about this story, and editing ideas and outlines closer to detailed story text. It might help to set a time to when you should begin editing if you find yourself editing while your writing and doing more editing than writing.

    I would stress that everything your doing is all for fun, and not to take reviews personal. I hope you get well and look forward to future chapters to "Moxbustion Violation". I'm not a writer myself, but I did force myself to write this instead of leaving it as mental jabbering in my head. I hope you can as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not taken any reviews so far as personal attacks, I think. Except, perhaps, for an argument I got into with someone on another forum.

    My schedule is rather - hmm, difficult - at the moment. I am hoping it will settle down soon, and I'll try to set aside some time for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such troubles. You write some phenomenal lemon, so I have to wish you all of the best luck getting your pen back in motion. It's a sort of inertia thing, I guess. Building up to a pace that'll get anything done is hard.

    Hope you have good health and a calmer schedule in days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard from you in awhile. How's it going? Has your health improved?

    ReplyDelete