Friday, November 16, 2012

Minor Poll Blip

If you looked at my blog earlier, for a brief time you might have seen the alleged results of the latest poll. That was my goof. My new polling widget doesn't automatically close the poll at a specified time. For some reason I thought tonight was the night I said I was going to close it, but it's tomorrow. So I closed it and posted the results. After I realized my mistake, I reopened the poll and removed the results.

Oh well.

I won't be posting anything else tonight. My evil wife brought home a recently published book from the library that I was planning to buy after it came out in paperback. And I'm anxious to get back to it.

If I were writing (or reading) a "Groundhog Day" style story without lemon bits, I think it might be interesting to force Nabiki to live through Ranma's and Akane's attempted wedding, over and over and over again. With it dissolving into disaster in as many different ways as possible, even when she herself actively conspires to keep all of the crazies ignorant. And she'd be informed by some kami just before the first repetition - or maybe after a couple of dozen - that she can't break out of the loop until she figures out some way for the wedding to be carried off successfully. I can just picture Nabiki going crazy as she tries to do something good for once in her life, and can't figure out a way to keep other people from screwing it up, again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment