Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Planning for MV 30

I did some planning for chapter 30 tonight. No writing yet though. Chapter 29 ended on New Year's Day, and the next school term should be starting about a week later. My current plan is that chapter 30 will cover some events of that week, and leave me positioned to start the next school term - with associated hijinks - in chapter 31.

As people familiar with the manga are aware, the magic of the Dragon's Whisker reached its expiration date shortly. However, if Ranma is careful about not turning into a guy - and Ryoga and the rest of the gang would also be more than willing to help her avoid hot water and stay a girl - it might be quite a while before she realizes that the magic has worn off. In other words, I'm planning to leave Ranma stuck as a girl for a while, before she finally finds out it's safe to change back to a guy without going bald.

I don't know how many chapters there are yet to come. There are a number of developments I have planned which can't take place all at once. I do have a resolution in mind which is gradually become clearer as I get closer to it. In any case, I'm pretty sure there are going to be a good many chapters yet before the story ends. What worries me is that at my current pace, that could take years, and I don't want it to take years. So I hope that somehow I can start writing faster again. Still, que sera sera.

No comments:

Post a Comment